This week at The Acorns I made trees with the children. These were made out of small brown paper bags. I cut the bags half way down and twisted the trunk before getting the children to twist the individual branches.
They they put squares if tissue paper (about 1-2 inches) over the end of a pen. A drop of pva was then put on the top and then they had to press the tissue (flower) to the top of the trunk and count to ten before carefully letting go and producing flowering branch.
Surprisingly most of the children were really patient and flowers were put on most of the branches.
The outcome was great, as you can see from the pictures 🙂
The trunk of the tree was then stuck to some card (using my left over mount card again) and decorated with screwed up pieces of tissue for grass 🙂